The global sheet molding compound (SMC) market size was USD 3.42 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data.
Automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) use sheet molding compounds to reduce weight and fuel consumption. Sheet molding compound is lighter and stronger than aluminum sheet. Automakers use SMC compounds to protect against dents, dings and rust compared to traditional steel decks. According to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA), a total of 79.1 million cars were produced worldwide in 2021. This represents an increase of 1.3% compared to 2020. We source sheet molding compounds for manufacturing battery cases for electric vehicles (EVs). In addition, thermosetting molding compounds are the main materials for railway and tram interiors. These factors are driving the growth of the sheet molding compounds market significantly. In addition, several major car companies are focusing on using sustainable materials and using bio-based composites to create concept cars. For example, Ford Motors and John Deer worked together to create the Gator UTV concept. Sustainable roofing components are made of bio-based sheet molding compounds. Innovations in these products are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Top Companies Operating in the Global Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) Market:
Astar S.A., Toray TCAC Holding B.V., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Polynt S.p.A., Ashland Global Holdings Inc., Premix, Inc., Teijin Limited, Wacker Chemie AG, Core Molding Technologies, Inc., and Changzhou Utek Composite Co., Ltd.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4475
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- The Asia-Pacific market accounted for the largest share of sales in 2021. Increasing development of building, construction and infrastructure expansion projects in all regions is boosting the growth of market revenue in this region. According to the World Green Building Council, 60% of the world's population now lives in the Asia-Pacific region. The sheet molding compound market in this region is expected to be in high demand for building and construction applications. The Asia-Pacific region is known as an automotive OEM hub, home to prominent industry leaders such as Toyota, Nissan, Suzuki and Tata. The region increasingly contributes to global exports driving demand for consumer goods and the production of auto parts.
- On October 28, 2020, Astar S.A., a Spanish-based specialist compounding and engineering chemical company, has signed an agreement with Toray International UK for the supply of Carbon Fiber Sheet Molding Compounds (CMSC) in the UK. did. This agreement between Astar and Toray International aims to continue the strategic partnership between the parties that began in 2018 as part of a government-funded project. The contract continues the supply of sheet molding compounds to create scalable, lightweight carbon fiber technology for use in electric vehicles.
To read more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sheet-molding-compound-smc-market
Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) Market Segmentation
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- General Purpose SMC
- Flame Resistance SMC
- Electronic Insulators SMC
- Corrosion Resistance SMC
Fiber Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Glass Fiber
- Carbon Fiber
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Electrical Energy
- Aviation and Defense
The report is written with the aid of industry analysts, market segmentation, and data collection in order to assist readers in making profitable business decisions. The report includes a comprehensive database of technical and product advances. It also provides information on growth rates and market value, as well as a thorough examination of niche market segments. The report provides strategic advice to newcomers and existing businesses about how to make profitable and well-informed business decisions.
The Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) market has been segmented into key regions of the world and offers an analysis of growth rate, market share, current and emerging trends, production and consumption ratio, industrial chain analysis, demand and supply, import and export, revenue contribution, and presence of key players in each region. A country-wise analysis of the market is offered in the report to gain a better understanding of the regional spread and progress of the Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) market.
The global Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) market is segmented into:
- North America (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Italy, U.K., Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4475
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. The report can be tailored to the needs of the client. Please contact us for more details, and our team will tailor the report to your specific requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370